Australian Power Gliders.
Powered ParaGliders Package Deals ParaGlider Engines Paraglider Cages Paraglider Wings Quads Accessories Prices Orders Training FAQ's Photos Contact Us About Us  

LowBoy Quad Training path via R.A.A.

NB: Before the RAA will accept you to fly any wheeled launch flight under an Ecliptic (ram air) wing, we are told a pilot is required to have logged 20 hours of flight with an Ecliptic Paraglider, currently in 2015 the only way to legally fly an Ecliptic wing in Australia is to obtain a "Powered Parachute" accreditation via the RAA or wait until the HGFA finally write there direct "Wheeled Training Syllabus".

Technical Manager: Adam Fin†02 6280 4700

Operations Manager: Zane Tully 0428282870

Technical Advice: Darren Barnfield 0408 351 309

RAA office Fax:† 02 6280 4775 - Ph: 02 6280 4700

RAA type standard numbers are 19-****, if transferred from HGFA it will be T-****.

How to register a LowBoy Quad as a Powered Parachute via RAA

  1. Apply for RAA membership by filling out this Student pilot member application form, then scan and send it to R.A.A. office, it did cost $185.

  2. When You have your membership number email the RAA office and ask for a Builders pack, they will need your membership number and your postage address. It will take 3+ days for it to be delivered. It contains stickers that need to be placed on the unit and the below documentation that needs filling in and sending. Itís the stickers that you need most, all the documents can be downloaded from the RAA website.

  3. Fill in the Registration Number Assignment Application form, this will cost $50 and if you register your aircraft within 3 months the fee will be taken off the cost of registration. to the RAA office or email it to the office

  4. Get in contact with a level 2 maintenance Authority Holder to do the COA 95.55 and a 95.32 Aircraft Condition Report. This will cost around $150 to $250 depending who you get. If you equipment was previously registered with the HGFA, then complete and send this form to the RAA office or email it to the office You can find Level 2 people at (currently this ling Not working ...will update soon). Now that you have your Registration Number and level 2 condition report done you now need to fill in a Aircraft Data Sheet and have a photo of your aircraft with it. This will follow the aircraft through out its life and is needed to finalise the registration process. Now fill in the Registration Application form and Send it in to the RAA Office

How to get your Powered Parachute Licence

Get in contact with Graeme Hutchinson
Hawkesbury Powered Parachute Centre,
Lot 2 Airport Rd,
Cowra 2794
Ph: (02) 4576 6028  Mobile: 0414 862 397


Hangar 28
Goolwa Airport 
Airport Road 
Goolwa  5214
South Australia
Mobile: 0408 787 018

If you want to appear on this page email us !

Another Madog Media creation - Refund and Warrenty - Disclaimer - Copyright © 1995~2017 Powered Paragliders Australia All rights reserved.